First Game "tower defence"
- Apple launched a new language "Swift", and since I've been using Ruby, I thought now's the time to start iOS game development.
- I made a small app called "2d-tower-defence-Swift", and I'd like to share the code as well as what makes a great game.
- It's a so-called "tower defence" game, which you are defending your 'valuables' while the enemy attackers are trying to invade.
- To see what it's like, one of easier ones you can play on PC is Desktop Tower Defence (it uses Flash).
Game Pattern: Choice
- As well as many other good games, this game forces you to choose one action over another.
- When you play the game(while enemies are reaching), you have variables like your money in a game.
- Now the choice is, how you allocate this money.
- Typically, you have variety of 'units' that will attack enemies. Choosing one over others is a player's choice.
- Another easier option some of these games offer is level up, which will improve (for example) your money increase rate.
- Depending on how well you allocate the variables to those choices, your game result in win or lose.
Now It's your turn
- what's your idea on making a great 'tower defence' game?
- what are the other game elements which makes a great game of this kind?
- please leave comments on my Twitter account