"Escape Games" game pattern
What is a Escape Game?
Game Dynamics Analysis
- The game is following typicall "Stress and Catharsis" pattern.
- When you first look at the game screen, there should be nothing special about it.
- You keep clcking every possible part of the screen, and sometimes you get a "hit".
- This "hit" often comes as a new item, or a path to another state.
- As the game progres, it becomes harder to get a hit by clicking screen. However, your knowledge about unsearched part also should have deepened. Therefore, the stress level won't exceed.
- This "clicking stress and sometimes a hit" combination is nothing but one form of "Stress and Catharsis" pattern.
How to make a unique Escape Game
- If it's about "Stress and Catharsis" pattern, the issue lies on player's level of experience.
- Some thinks it's too easy, while other think it's too hard.
- To tell a player's level of experience on this game, good guess might be "how many fail clicks are made by a player".
- If a player clicks nosense area so many times, You could put more hint items onto the screen.
- That way, everybody who tries the game thinks "it's an appropriate difficuly for me".